Areas of expertise
Our experts advise private individuals planning to initiate philanthropic activities. Our clients benefit from our expertise in developing, designing and implementing creative, tailor-made organisational structures for charitable projects.
We also support national and international non-profit organisations to optimise their activities from a legal perspective with a focus on universities and other research institutions.
Advising and representing members of the governing bodies of non-profit (private) foundations on the careful and liability-avoiding exercise of their activities as foundation board members or foundation advisory board members is yet another of our work focuses.
Our main areas of advice in non-profit law include in particular:
- Establishing or optimising non-profit private foundations
- Establishing or optimising non-profit foundations or funds under the BStFG
- Establishing or optimising non-profit limited liability companies and associations
- Providing support in the specific design and specifications of the organisational structure
- Ongoing advice on company law for non-profit legal entities
- Advice on inheritance law for philanthropists and endowed organisations
- Reorganising non-profit organisations
- Advising members of the board of directors or advisory board of charitable foundations
- Advising social enterprises and start-ups
National and international non-profit organisations | Private clients who are philanthropically active or wish to become philanthropically active | Board members of non-profit legal entities